2019 Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria 4-H Junior Camp
June 30 - July 4, 2019
4-H Junior Camp is held at the Northern Virginia 4-H Educational and Conference Center in Front Royal, Virginia. Campers ages 9-13 are lodged in a room with campers of similar age, and have the opportunity to request their roommates. Each room is part of a Pack, which serves as the camper’s “family” during the week of camp. Packs are involved in different contests on various days and Bear Claws are awarded for spirit, participation, and demonstrations of good character!
Each day, campers go to three different classes that they sign up for prior to arriving at camp. Class options include archery, canoeing, adventure, high and row lopes, t-shirt art, yoga, and more. There is free swim and recreation time each day, as well as evening programs and a campfire. Past evening programs have included Water Olympics, Newspaper Fashion Show, Talent Shows, and Scavenger Hunts.
Our camper registration fee is $350 which includes lodging, meals, all camp activities and supplies, a t-shirt, and transportation back from camp. Families must provide transportation (or carpool) to get youth to camp on June 30th.
Our counselor fee is $50, if the registration is submitted before January 11th. After January 11th, the fee increases to $150-so don't delay!
2019 Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria 4-H Junior Camp Registration Packet
2019 Alexandria 4-H Day Camps
· Camps run daily, Tuesday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
· Camp location: Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St. Alexandria VA 22314
· Camper age is youth 9 to 12 years of age
Registration will begin February 11, 2019. We will not take registration before this date/time!
To register: Complete the 4-H Day Camping packet in full and submit to your local extension office via mail (Virginia Cooperative Extension – Alexandria Unit, Attn: Alexandria 4-H, 1108 Jefferson St. Alexandria VA 22314) or in-person in order for your application to be processed. We do not accept emailed applications.
Space is limited and registration will be first-come/first-served. We must receive registration forms and payment for your child to be guaranteed a spot at camp.
About the Camp
Three weeks of summer fun! Each week has a special theme that includes a variety of guests and activities! Camp will be indoors & outdoors.
- Week 1: The 4-H Slimy, Gooey, Gross Science Camp involves fun, hands-on activities that teach basic science principles. We’ll explore slimy, gooey, gross science while we will conduct all kinds of icky, sticky experiments! Get ready to be playing in some slimy, yucky science fun. 7/30 – 8/1 / 9:00 am – 12:00 pm / Ages: 9-12 / $159 / Lee Center
- Week 2: The 4-H Food Frenzy Cooking Camp is all about food, food, and more food! Activities into 4-H Food Challenge, campfire cooking, food art, and much more! This camp is perfect for chefs of any age.
8/6 – 8/8 / 9:00 am – 4:00 pm / Ages 9-12 / $219 / Lee Center
- Week 3: The 4-H Planet Energy Camp is all about the powers of light, motion, and heat energy. We’ll be launching a solar balloon, working with magnetism, experiencing solar energy, learning more about nature, and conducting energizing hands-on experiments!
8/13 – 8/15 / 9:00 am – 12:00 pm / Ages: 9-12 / $159 / Lee Center
Can I register my child for multiple weeks of 4-H day camp? YES! Each week has completely different themes, activities, and guest speakers so you can enroll your youth for more than 1 week and they will gain a variety of experiences!
Is the day camp educational? One common theme throughout all 6 weeks: hands-on learning through numerous STEAM elements & a focus on life skill development!
Who is caring for my child at day camp? Paid and volunteer staff have been screened through the background check system utilized by Virginia Cooperative Extension. Trained teen counselors are hired to support staff as well.
Is food provided? NO; campers are required to bring a snack, & water bottle for daily use. Please mark items clearly with your child’s name. EXCEPTION: Week 2 will include daily cooking lessons/tastings – please make staff aware of any dietary restrictions.
Is this day camp strictly indoors? We will make use of outdoor space for certain activities – please apply sunscreen to your child in the morning before drop-off.
What is the camp arrival & departure policy? Please note and adhere to our camp hours: drop-off is 9:00 a.m. and pick-up is 12:00 p.m. Note: Week 2 pick-up time is 4:00 p.m. NO EARLY DROP OFF! Photo I.D. required at pick-up - please alert our office of any changes as we can only release youth to individuals designated on paperwork. This is for the safety of all youth & we thank you for your cooperation.
What is the camp cancellation policy? Full payment is due when registering your child. The deadline to cancel & receive a refund (less $30 registration fee) is July 1st.
2019 Alexandria 4-H Day Camps Registration Packet